I am currently working on a story that my brain feels determined must be told. After weeks of being unable to fall asleep because this story decided to play out in my head once that head hit the pillow, I finally decided to dive in.

The reason I was not ready to start a new story was because I am in the final steps of another novel. That novel is about a real life romance. You know, the kind where we didn't make the right choices. The kind where we don't get the true love happily ever after. I shall return to that to wrap it up once I get the bones down for the story that has kept me up at night for so many weeks.

That story is a suspense thriller about a time in the near future where things go terribly, horribly wrong in the world. A small team has set out to go beyond the line to rescue a doctor who has become trapped in the heart of the area where airplanes drop from the sky, cars or anything electronic dies, and people (who are not zombies) attack anyone who enters the Drop Zone. The doctor was supposedly investigating the alleged virus that is responsible for the erratic behavior of anyone beyond the line.

There are many theories as to why any airplane flying over the Drop Zone falls out of the sky; why any motorized vehicle dies; and why people are the danger to anyone attempting to cross the Drop Zone. There are those who think dragons have taken over the area. A popular theory is that aliens have landed and have taken over the area. But the prevailing theory is that some virus has spread, which is why the stranded doctor entered the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words of the Past, Present, and Future

Thinking Outside the Box (Or Staying in the Box)

Shades of Right Excerpt