The Swing of a Pendulum



I try to stay out of political discussions and it becomes more and more difficult with our current leader. Leader. That's an interesting word actually. Normally it would be the word one would use to describe the president of the U.S. I am not sure if it applies right now. I am quite baffled about his agenda. It does not seem to be in the best interests of the U.S. It appears to be more about the best interests for himself.

I am a proud American. I thought America was awesome before and had never lost it's awesomeness. I feel like a certain irony is playing out, like everything that man said and implied to get elected and once he was elected have been the opposites. Make America Great Again is swirling down the toilet bowl as he caters and bows to the leader of Russia after treating the Queen of England like an afterthought. I'll bet we never see him walking in front of Putin like he doesn't matter.

Saying that he will take Putin's word over our own Information agencies,well, my jaw dropped to the floor. Then the floor caved in and my jaw dropped ever farther when he said he liked the idea of handing over American agents to Putin's government for interrogation. Um....... Yeah, not even able to wrap my head around that.

Russia was our ally in WW2 then for some reason (not going into history here) we entered the Cold War with Russia. Keep in mind that it was the USSR back then. Then we became sort of friends. (Different leaders) Then Putin took over and our relationship grew quite frosty again. There's a reason for that.

So, we've got our current leader alienating our allies and cow-towing to someone who wishes to destroy the U.S. It's a crazy mixed up world when our president is in Putin's back pocket. Oh, it feels that way. How anyone can continue to defend this man is beyond me.

Someone I know who is a Trump supporter (not necessarily a fan but definitely supports him and would vote for him for round 2) tried explaining to me why Trump is so nice to Putin (nice!?) is because he's trying to build a relationship with Russia. Uh huh. I've often wondered why he continues to defend Trump. I have a few theories. I have noticed that his defense is wavering slightly. Yet he clings to the need to defend Trump, like so many still do.

Can you imagine if Obama had cow-towed to Putin? OMG!!! The patriotic would have been frothing at the mouth and ready to storm the White House armed at the idea of Obama selling out the U.S. to Russia. Yet Obama had backbone and stood up to Putin while Trump literally sold out the U.S. to Russia. Watching Trump dealing with Putin gives me the chills down my spine yet the patriotic shrug and say that Trump is hoping to make Russia our friend and there's nothing wrong with that. I agree that there's nothing wrong with being friends to Russia but we don't do it by throwing our own country under the bus along the way.

How far does this man have to go before people open their eyes?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words of the Past, Present, and Future

Thinking Outside the Box (Or Staying in the Box)

Shades of Right Excerpt