The Wild Horses in America

There are still pockets of wild horses roaming the wilds of the U.S.A. I have the strongest desire to see them. More than see them, I want to embrace them in their environment, drink in their beauty as they traverse the rugged scrub. The stallions challenge each other to determine who gets to own the herd. Mating rights. Yes, it's all about mating rights.

I follow a FB page that posts the most amazing photos, videos, and news about an area's wild horses in Colorado. North Dakota and Idaho also have herds of wild horses but this is the page I stumbled upon and watch avidly. I don't even know if other FB pages exist for those other regions.

Look at this lovely photograph by Nadya Rider. She is an amazing photograph and contributes to their FB page often. There are a lot of paints at this area.


Crazy Horse and her foal.

When I look at these images of these majestic animals I have the strongest desire to visit the area. Nay, I have the strongest desire to live there so that I can immerse myself in their world.

It all sounds so romantic and ethereal, doesn't it? Go out and live amidst the wild horses. Okay, there's nowhere to live out there but there must be camping facilities within a day's drive so maybe moving to a local town where I can go out every single weekend would be great.

But it's not that near a large town. It's the wilderness, right? So that means living farther away, working a full-time job in some city and being so exhausted by the weekend that maybe every weekend isn't feasible but at least once a month. Then one thing or another comes up and months pass without any trips to visit the horses.

The horses, by the way, are out in a rugged wilderness and they are WILD so there's no close up visiting, only photographs caught with a long lens on a tripod to reduce shaking because the horses are so far away it takes quite the zoom and the bigger the zoom the greater the camera shake shows.

Right, so now the daydream of living with the wild horses has melded with the reality of life and moving to Colorado to spend my days sighing with longing as I watch the wild horses far off in the distance while I'm bitten, scratched, and dehydrated from the rough terrain and sun burnt and wind burnt. This is my life. I used to jump in with both feet without even taking a deep breath but not I think about my actions and thinking about my actions always brings me to the crux of life--nothing ever works out as we dream.

Someday I shall go see them though. A visit at least.

Sometimes nothing ever works out as we dream but quite often life has a way of working out as we move forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words of the Past, Present, and Future

Thinking Outside the Box (Or Staying in the Box)

Shades of Right Excerpt